1. UPDATE since the Cyprus meeting
What happened in the partner countries on the project:
- 2000 to 3000 pictures have been collected. A selection will be uploaded.
- From several stories they will provide translation.
- Meetings with seniors on the subject of local heritage.
- 200 pictures and narratives are ready for uploading.
- Engagements with local senior citizens.
- Michael (present in the meeting) is part of the group who is collecting pictures.
-Oliver (present in the meeting) is working in a heritage project in the
He explains about:
- the project reports on a regeneration traject in this area about 10 years ago.
-open to individuals and groups, any community members including immigrants, seniors…
-considering the whole of human history.
-the area is rich in stories, for ex. about old iron industry which no longer exists.
-the area is about 50square miles.
Organising workshops, digital photo clubs, for senior citizens, in 3
places in Paris.
ICT and senior citizens is the main topic in their approach of the project.
The senior citizens expressed as particular field of interest the conscience of European citizenship and especially in each country at the start of their European membership
Works one day a week in the centre De Zeyp, on Monday.
The afternoon is open to all senior citizens to bring and process together materials: pictures, dia positives, written documents, and video from different sources (8mm etc.).
Some visitors like to learn scanning and digitalizing their precious pictures and so. Most visitors prefer to add the corresponding stories. This can be written material or through adding voice-overs to video.
They also help each other remembering details, names…
Preparing also to record small video stories /testimonials on certain themes.
(for detailed presentation, see attachment)
He is director of the Polish-German association.
Anna is director of the
public library in
The heuritage project is part of the School of active seniors.
Seniors are part of the core-team or group members, helping to deliver media.
Most of the participants are women of wealthy background.
Several paths are: -regular meetings
-project-related courses and workshops
-cyclic events (every 3 to 4 months)
- collecting heritage-related documents
One difficulty is the English language for seniors
Important is to get a sufficient level of group self-integration.
ICT-courses including senior citizens
picasa in January
Gathering old pictures ready for uploading.
Presenting Philippo and Anne-Marie in charge of the project also.
Under the new title ‘Viva Palermo’ they prepare amongs others:
-interviews of diverse
people living in
-collecting old and new pictures (without copywrite problems) on different subjects and also collecting commentaries.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL:
About copywrite, a safety is built in the website, by mentioning that whoever has a problem with a picture, can mention it and the corresponding picture will be withdrawed from the site.
2. WEBSITE PRESENTATION
Some details that are important for all sites:
- If you want to change the website-name for your country in another URL, you can order it in your country. Costs depend on local possibilities.
- Each partner still has to look over the site and make linguistic corrections in the excel file!
- Local administrators can organise geographical divisions (streets, districts…) according to own needs. Each country sets up the region or area from which stories are collected
- Local administrators have to organise and add associations.
-The administrator can add events (f.ex.
-The headbanner for your country has to be a .gif-file and 550 x 100pixels
-It is possible to make more banners that alternate each x-seconds, also controlled by administrator.
-The administrator can adjust also the right banner, for ex. to put links to all organisations that deal with heritage in the region, country…
-Important to put the grundtvig-logo!!!
-To finish the website for your own country, it is useful to find someone with computer skills in your mother tongue and who is willing to communicate in order to finish the website of your country.
- All written documents, magazines, text related materials must be in .pdf-file.
- The comment-tool on the
- To upload pictures, use .jpg file only.
- For translation of the “categories”, the worldwide AAT-system is being used (Arts and Architectural Treasures).
- The project starts from the memory and stories of senior citizens and the processes of digitalize pictures and other materials about those stories.
- It would be unique to work on one or more thematically approaches over several countries. (see program of day 2).
- It would be great if our site with local projects could become integrated in websites such as: -europeana.eu
What after June 2011?
What with new partners, regions?
Who will update the site in the future? And how to deal with the site in general after June 2011?
Are there any other funding to be found in the future on a European Level?
On the agenda:
- Decisions on a thematical approach
- Deciding on the tutorial yes/no as a tool for the platform/website
- Future and suggestions for next meeting
4. THEMATICAL APPROACH
Aim is to make a ‘global text and small study on some specific themes with pictures from several local partners’. This is a process where each partner has to look for someone who wants to actively participate to create a global text. This means: in English, searching picture material in it’s own town, writing text… Each team has a coordinator who takes responsibility to develop the theme together with those partners who accepted.
All theme’s proposed:
My school (classrooms): uniforms, punishment systems, rituals during
day, boys and girls together or separated, famous teachers over decades, school
structure (ex. until what age to attend school)…
This theme will be coordinated by Polish partner
2. My life and my village in World War 2.
3. House hold objects from my youth and evolution
4. Transport in the 20th century (trains, trams, horses…).
Youth and childrens games.
This theme will be coordinated by Czech partner
6. Religion in my community. Chosen by BE
7. Disappeared professions and stores. Chosen by BE
Family celebrations: wedding, baptism, communions, funerals,
This theme will be coordinated by Hungarian partner
10. Change of industrial area’s.
Incorporation of villages into cities.
This theme will be coordinated by Portuguese partner
12. Music (karaoke). Chosen by FR/BE
13. Communication: telephone, telegraph…
Proposal to work Bottom-up in your own language in your country and then to translate a selected part to be send to the coordinating country as soon as possible.
Of course, you can use materials that are already being collected!
5. TUTORIAL AS TOOL?
Tutorial can be useful for us and for users and visitors.
6. FUTURE PROJECTS
Next meeting in
It would be great if participants could stay till Sunday evening:
On Saturday we plan a tourist tour, (perhaps Brugge?)
On Sunday there is a music park festival organised by the Zeyp. www.plazey.be
This meeting is also the deadline for the final report.
- Proposal from
- About hosting